Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Stamp with me - July

I'm entering into the Mama Elephant's stamp with me July card contest. This month's challenge is to create a card with a rainbow theme. I had just gotten the "In my Heart" set and really wanted to use it. Out of all the cards I've made thus far, this one is definitely my favorite!
I started by making the star cut file on my Cricut Explore. Inspiration was from Mama Elephant as they have a full card die that cuts an arch of stars similar to the one I made. Then I cut a piece of Neenah white card stock to 4.25 x 5.5 and used my distress mini inks and round ink blending tools to create a diagonal rainbow. I used Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marnalade, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Seedless Preserves in that order. Once the ink was dry I adhered the star cut background over the ink, stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black ink, and added the little girl and shooting stars from the "In My Heart" set with foam tape. I painted the cut out stamped images with distress markers and cut them using a cut file I created with Inkscape and uploaded in Cricut Design Space (all files from this set are below for you to download). I then adhered the card front to a 4.24 x 5.5 top folding card. 




Free SVG files:


I am sharing the cut files that I have created with my blog followers; if you do not follow me all I request is that you do. To use the files in Design Space they must be resized. However, all you have to do is change the width and the height will automatically correct to be proportional.
**NOTE** These are only cut files and do not contain the stamped image inside. To use them properly you must own the stamp sets.

Sitting Girl download - width 1.041
Girl Hands Held download - width 0.825
Boy Hands Held download - width 0.823
Walking Boy download - width 1.079
Girl Arms Open download - width 1.211
Star download - width 0.449
Heart Flower download - width 0.357
Flower download - width 0.358
Snail download - width 0.392
Turtle download - width 0.486
Butterfly download - width 0.589







No comments:

Post a Comment