Sunday, July 12, 2015

MISTI Diecut Stamping Technique

Hi friends! I've been sharing a lot of my cut files to use in design space for the cricut explore for use with stamp sets and have mentioned that I use the MISTI to line the stamps up perfectly on the diecuts. However, the method I used was just to temporarily adhere the diecut to a scrap piece of paper and eyeball the stamp on top. It was very time consuming and sometimes frustrating. Well, no more! Thanks to a video by Kristina Werner I have a new method that I'm going to share with you today! 


I'm using Mama Elephant's "Three Amigos" in this tutorial. I just love this set because it's so versatile! The set comes with a bunch of little sentiments that can be stamped inside the signs the critters are holding. Not only can they be used for cars making but inside your planner as well! I plan on using them to mark important events and anything else that needs to stand out. 

The first step is to stamp the image you're using into a scrap piece of paper. 
Then you want to use the negative space of the cut, and line it up perfectly around the stamped image with equal spacing all around.  
This is the most time consuming part. Well, at least for me because I have a type A personality and I'm a huge perfectionist, haha. Next, simply insert your diecut back into the negative space. It will fit just like a puzzle piece. 
Re-ink and stamp your image and you're done! Perfect everytime! And so much faster than trying to line up the stamp on the diecut by hand! This technique has saved me so much time that I decided to make a bunch all at one time and keep them in a little container so they're ready when I want to color and make a card or stick one in my planner! 
I've stamped them all on watercolor paper because I tend to use distress markers and water most often. 

I hope this tutorial was helpful. If you are considering purchasing a MISTI but are on the fence maybe because of the price tag or whatever, seriously buy it! It's one of the best investments I've ever made for my craft room! Comments are always appreciated and thanks so much for stopping by! ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment