Saturday, June 20, 2015

Father's Day Card

Hi again! Just popping in really quick to share a clean, quick, simple card I made for my husband from my son for father's day. Those of you who own Cricut Explore's are lucky enough to be able to heat emboss anything you want, and I will share the secret with you! The entire sentiment on this card was heat embossed!

All you need are some Ranger Perfect Medium pens (pictured below). I found mine at my local JoAnn Fabrics, but I'm sure you could find them at any craft store. I just used the perfect medium pen in place of a regular pen in the Cricut Explore to write out my sentiment and then quickly removed my paper from the mat and poured embossing powder on it. I emphasize quickly because even though the ink stays wet for a decent amount of time, you still want to try to get the powder on there as soon as possible to get the best results. 


Also, another tip for heat embossing: make sure you use some sort of powder tool to prep your paper before you put it in your Cricut. I use an EK Success powder tool. This decreases the static cling so you don't end up with powder where you don't want it. This is especially true when using darker colors. 

Feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you think, if you already knew about this technique already or not, or if you have any questions! I'm waiting on my new Playful Pups stamp set from Mama Elephant, so I will have more cut files to share soon. Make sure you keep an eye out for that post! And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment