Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Coloring Challenge

I've recently discovered a coloring challenge by Kathy over at The Daily Marker, which is geared towards taking just a few minutes out of every day to color something - anything. You can use any medium you would like, and you don't even have to complete a project! Now that's right up my ally. Especially since with an active 19 month old it's hard to get more than 10 minutes to myself most days. But here he is wanting to color with me. How adorable is that?! I just love him soooo much!


I've been dying to use my new stamp set, Party Animal by Wplus9, so I chose it for my first piece. 
I kinda did a bad job cutting it and the ink smudged but I didn't learn about this coloring thing until after I was done. Oh well. He's still adorable! Next, I decided to also do the standing giraffe from the same set. This one cut and stamped much better.
With the first one I used more of an orange for the base, but this one I started with a yellow. I think I like the first one better, but you only learn by trying different things! He turned out pretty bad. It's my own fault for sticking him in my planner right away and not giving him time to dry first. I'm also learning it will look different when dry, oops. 
 I was trying to add shadow and shading and apparently used way too much. Oh well. I'm working on the same little guy for a card now. First I had my obsession with elephants and now it's giraffes, haha. I'm super excited about this project though, and can't wait to share it with you guys! Stay tuned! Thanks so much for stopping by! ❤️

Free SVG files:


I am sharing the cut files that I have created with my blog followers; if you do not follow me all I request is that you do. To use the files in Design Space they must be resized. However, all you have to do is change the width and the height will automatically correct to be proportional.
**NOTE** These are only cut files and do not contain the stamped image inside. To use them properly you must own the stamp sets.

Sitting Giraffe download - width 1.507
Standing Giraffe download - width 1.609

1 comment: