Friday, June 19, 2015

Anniversary Card

The 18th was my husband and I's four year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 4 years! So, I was really excited to have an excuse to make a card and this was the first idea I had because my husband loves fish. I think it turned out pretty good. 
I didn't take a bunch of pictures like I normally do. I was kind of rushing to get it done seeing as I started the day before our anniversary, oops. I started with a light blue piece of card stock that I cut down to 5x7 and some distress inks in tumbled glass, broken China and peacock feathers used in that order from top to bottom. I smeared the mini ink pads on my craft sheet, misted the ink with some water and then smooched my card stock into it making sure to wiggle it a little to blend the colors well. 

I used my Cricut Explore to cut out the fish, plant and sand and then edged and shaded them with my distress inks and mini blending tools. I adhered the sand in place and then used the largest stitched rectangle from Lawn Fawn to die cut out my card front. 

I used my Cricut again to add the sentiment on the front. This is tricky, but I designed the sentiment in design space and attached it to a rectangle the size of my card front. I then carefully lined up the card on the mat so that it would write where I wanted it to and I stop the machine right before it starts cutting. You really have to keep an eye on what it's doing so it doesn't try to cut after it's finished writing. It ended up a little lower than I planned but it looks ok. 

I cut out the heart from a project life die set, and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it or not. I ended up changing the color to a lighter red and adding wink of Stella and some glossy accents. I also put a dot of glossy accents on both of the fish's eyes. I then popped the fish, plant and heart up on foam tape and then adhered the card front to a Kraft paper card base that I cut and scored with the Cricut. I forgot to take a picture of it, but I wrote happy anniversary on the inside with the Cricut as well. 

Well that's pretty much it. I know I was supposed to post this the other day but I got caught up making a cover for my friend's Erin Condren planner and my husband's Father's Day gift. Make sure to comment if you would like to know more about either of those projects. 

I should have my Playful Pups stamp set tomorrow - I'm so excited! So I'll be sharing more cut files very soon! Stay tuned, and as always thanks for stopping by! ❤️  

No comments:

Post a Comment